Being prepared will ensure the success of your trip.
You’ll need to be ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to serve up. Captain Jarrod reserves the right to determine all cancellations due to dangerous weather, but fishermen are tough and determined—we generally brave the elements that can sometimes include rain, cold or very hot weather, and (occasionally) some irritating bugs.
Meet us in the parking lot to begin your day: St Joseph On the River Tavern, 600 Fishermans Rd, St Joseph, MI 49085
Bring with you:
- Your daily (24 hour) fishing license if you are 17 or older. You can purchase your license without delay at Michigan Department of Natural Resources – New License and it will be emailed to you. Licenses are also available at numerous sporting goods stores, Meijers and Walmart, and even some gas stations. For current license rates, see Michigan Department of Natural Resources – Current License
- Sunscreen and insect spray
- Over the counter motion sickness medication if needed
- Appropriate clothing: jackets and rain gear. Remember that it may be 10 to 20 degrees cooler on the lake and it’s Michigan—the weather can change rapidly.
- A cooler with ice to leave in your vehicle for transporting the fish you catch.
- A cooler with your choice of food and beverages for onboard. In Michigan, persons 21 years of age or older are allowed to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Directions for how to find us and Captain Jarrod’s contact information.